Last point list update: 2014-01-26 | Uthgard is down and so are we. See you again some day, maybe. <3 Thanks for all the fun raids over the years.

#1 2012-09-16 23:40:17

Dragon respawn time

Hello everyone,

as you may have noticed, the past 2 weeks the dragon was down when we wanted to do the point raid. I had contacted Abydos regarding this 2 weeks ago because I found it rather weird the dragon didn't respawn ~20h after he was killed the night before. I received this reply

[19:13:29] @@Message from Game Master Abydos: no bug / no spawn time change recently.  No spawn time is certain

indicating that much like other mobs, the dragon's spawn time is random. But I am certain that the spawn time has been set to very low for a long time. I don't know when this change was made, maybe around the time the respec stone drops got adjusted(I wish Uthgard changelogs were completely and publicly available). I am not the only one who remembers the dragon spawning 1-3 hours after it had been killed. It was like that for a long time, at least a year. I don't know when exactly it got reverted either, but right now the fact of the matter is that the spawn time appears to be indeed random.

So I kindly ask everyone to not do any dragon raids on late Saturday/Sunday anymore. I encourage you to give notice about this issue to anyone who is planning to do a raid during that time, in the most friendly manner of course. If they don't care, there is nothing anyone can do and we'll have to accept that.

Then again, this Sunday point raid has been around for some 3.5 years. Many people log in just for this raid, I believe it has become somewhat of a tradition. I don't speak for myself but on behalf of everyone who likes doing this raid: Please don't ruin this.

#2 2013-05-14 16:21:03

Re: Dragon respawn time

Got this from Blue Sunday:

Re: Hibernia Dragon Spawn Timer

Sent: Sun May 12, 2013 11:46 am
To: Adianne
Theres no guarantee dragons are up for raids at specific times. Dragons have a respawn rate of 10% per hour. We will not alter this live like behavior. I understand that dragons are too easy to even allow such players to do the raids in small scale.

Board footer