Announcement

Last point list update: 2014-01-26 | Uthgard is down and so are we. See you again some day, maybe. <3 Thanks for all the fun raids over the years.

#1 2011-02-27 21:52:19

Ychi
Administrator

Morrigans Breath banned

Date: 2011-02-27
Banned Player: Everyone from Morrigans Breath
Ban expires: Not, until further notice.
Reason:

We've decided to exlcude the entire guild of Morrigans Breath for an indefinete time as they decided to kill the dragon today, again.
I've tried talking to their leaders but it seems they're not interested in protecting those in the guild that opposed this raid (if there were any to begin with) or those that didn't attend, thus the decision to exclude the guild entirely.

I've also had confirmation by an MB member that the decision to raid the dragon today was specifically made to piss other people off.

PS: The ban has been combined with a point reset of those I suspect of having participated in today's raid for maximum punishment. Just in case some guild members are able to show some kind of remorse or humility regarding this matter at some point in the future which may lead us to decide to lift the ban. This seems highly unlikely at the time but anything is possible I suppose. People change and guilds change due to members leaving etc....who knows smile

Sum up: All members of MB excluded from point raids until further notice.

Edit: Since there are a lot of misconceptions regarding this, let me try to clarify some things:

Dragon Incident #1: Sunday, January 9, 2011: MB went out to kill the dragon exactly at point raid time: Prior to this they did indeed contact Sanzes and "asked for permission" who in turn contacted me. I never agreed to that raid ever and was strictly against it, but I knew there's no way to keep them from doing it if they're determined to do so. So they did went out, and on top of that they did it right on time when usually we'd have the weekly point raid. Obviously some people including me didn't like that. But alright, that's one time, no real hard feelings, I guess they may really have thought that it's ok to do so. Or not. Doesn't matter, as this incident didn't really have any consquences except a little bit of drama on broad. But it sure didn't make their guild gain respect or sympathy.

Dragon Incident #2: Sunday, February 27, 2011: MB killed the dragon in the afternoon without any notice. Obviously this had to have some consquences because not doing anything would have suggested that it's ok to sabotage the Sunday point raid. So we(Sanzes and I) decided to ban the people that did. Banning the entire guild was what I wanted to avoid and thus tried to contact MB leaders with the motivation to deal with this. First I tried Sati, who just trolled back and refered me to Kestral. Kestral also just trolled and refered me to Dinjir. So I told Kestral that I was disappointed to not find any MB leader who has a little bit of deceny left in them, which seemed to get his attention and finally we could actually talk a bit. I told him that we'd have to take some action and offered him to only ban the people that actually were present in this raid rather than to ban the entire guild. Unfortunately he wasn't interested in that or in cooperating with me so we just put a ban on the guild of MB entirely. In retrospect, I do not regret this as I've never heard any kind of opposition to this raid from any MB member or any kind of regret or apologies. Kestral also confirmed that this raid was deliberately done to piss people off. Internally, they came to a point where they were deciding between Saturday and Sunday and intentionally agreed to do it on Sunday.

On that night we decided to postpone the raid and do it on the next day, Monday. Just in case I asked Kestral if they'd plan to kill it again on Monday, and he denied.

Dragon Incident #3a: Monday, February 28, 2011: MB tried to kill the dragon again, knowing that we had postponed it and wanted to do it on this day instead. I wasn't online at the time but judging by the graves I'd say Traxx organised it as a public raid and also had some non-MB members come along. Fortunately for us, that raid failed due to cuuldurach being very angry and wiping them.

Dragon Incident #3b: Monday, February 28, 2011 (for the lulz): Traxx used an unguilded char(Finnigan) to join the point raid, which took place, since the attempt to sabotage it failed. Luckily Sanzes remembered that Finnigan is Traxx' char. At first he had some "accidental" Italian misstells in the bg, during the auction he tried to get an item by claiming that Bombtactics(who afaik is American) is his char and thus can use its points. When I told him that he's busted he flamed me in german and accused me of being corrupt.

Dragon Incident #4: Sunday, March 6, 2011: MB killed the dragon again. This is when the angry mob was truely an angry mob and there was a lot of drama and flaming all over /broad in the evening which even caused GMs to monitor the happenings more closely.

Dragon Incident #5: Sunday, April 3, 2011: MB tried to kill it again and wiped.

Dragon Incident #6: Sunday, August 7th, 2011 MB(+ at least 2 non-MBs) tried to kill it again and succeeded.

Final statement regarding the dragon stuff: The ban will remain. I'm a very peaceful and diplomatic person but I'm not quite the Christian either. I don't turn the other cheek. In all this time I actually hoped that one of them would step forward and apologize or at least start some kind of discussion. Except for Looped, who I've been thinking of whitelisting from the ban recently(edit: this has now been rendered moot as he has taken part in #6), noone of them seems really interested in this, which I find sad.

#2 2011-08-09 00:58:40

Ychi
Administrator

Re: Morrigans Breath banned

-Reset the points of Looped and Diedie who were present in the most recent raid(#6, see above)

#3 2013-06-23 19:25:03

Ychi
Administrator

Ban has been lifted after Woody approached us and wanted to make peace. smile

#4 2013-06-23 20:47:34

Adianne

This is a good thing smile

Board footer